Five Signs Your Tank Is Due for Pumping
Routine maintenance of your septic tank will help you avoid problems that can disrupt your home or business. That’s why we recommend having your tank pumped every few years.
Here are five common signs that your septic tank needs service:
- Pooling water in your yard. If you’ve noticed water pooling in your yard, or soggy areas above the drain field, this may be an indication that your septic tank is full. As the tank fills up, solid waste may block drain field pipes, causing the liquid waste to rise to the surface.
- Slow drains in your home or business. When your septic tank is full, your sinks and toilets may drain more slowly than usual. If you’ve tried using a plunger or drain cleaning products without any results, having your tank pumped is the likely next option.
- Foul odors in your home or around your property. As your tank fills up, it may give off a foul odor. Most likely you’ll smell this in your yard near the drain field, yet you may also find an odor coming from your drains.
- Sewage backing up into your home. When your septic tank is overly full, you may end up with sewage backing up into your sinks, tubs, and toilets. This backup is usually dark and sludge-like, and it will smell quite foul.
- Lush grass above the drain field. If the grass above or in the vicinity of your drain field looks much healthier than the rest of your property, this may be a sign that your tank is full and waste is rising to the surface. A patch of thick, bright green grass is a common indicator.
If you’ve noticed one or more of the above signs, don’t hesitate to reach out to our septic tank pumping professionals. We will immediately schedule an appointment so that we can alleviate any problems you are experiencing as quickly as possible. Waste removal is a complex task that should always be left to professionals to ensure the safety of you, your family, and your plumbing system. We service the Evergreen, Conifer, Bailey, and surrounding Foothills area.
Five Decades of Septic Service Experience
For 50 years, home and business owners have been counting on Shirley Septic Pumping to assist them with all their septic services and maintenance, from pumping their tanks to routine maintenance to complex repairs. In addition to our sewer tank services, we also offer trash services and portable toilet and roll-off dumpster rentals. We are available 24/7, offer same-day appointments, and provide free estimates with quality service in mind.
Shirley Septic Pumping is family owned and operated since 1972. Contact us online or at (303) 242-8687!
Get Started With Shirley
Our team is here to answer your questions. Contact us today at 303-242-8687 or complete the form below.