Same-Day Residential & Commercial Septic Tank Pumping in Evergreen
Pumping Septic Systems in Bailey & the Surrounding Foothills Area
One of the most common reasons why a septic system backs up is because it needs to be pumped. Septic tanks are installed in residential and commercial properties that are not hooked up to town and city sewer pipes. So as they fill up, they will require occasional pumping. The frequency of this service will depend on a few factors, including the size of the tank and the number of occupants of a property. Shirley Septic Pumping recommends having your tank pumped every 2 – 3 years to ensure your system always functions smoothly.
Our septic tank pumping services include pumping out solid and liquid human waste from the tank, safely removing it from your property, and disposing of it responsibly. The primary purpose of pumping a tank, lift station vault, and grease trap is to remove biological content from the tank before it is discharged to the soil treatment area or effluent lines. If not maintained properly, your septic system may experience premature failures. That’s why it’s crucial that your tank is pumped regularly.
Best Time To Schedule Septic Tank Pumping
In general, the best time to have your septic tank pumped in Evergreen, CO is during the warmer months, typically in late spring or early fall. This is because the ground is softer and easier to excavate, and there is less risk of freezing temperatures causing issues with the pumping equipment. However, if you notice any signs of a full tank, such as slow drains or foul odors, it's best to schedule a pumping service as soon as possible regardless of the time of year.
If you have any other services about your septic system, check out our FAQ page!
Five Signs Your Tank Is Due for Pumping
Routine maintenance of your septic tank will help you avoid problems that can disrupt your home or business. That’s why we recommend having your tank pumped every few years.
Here are five common signs that your septic tank needs service:
- Pooling water in your yard. If you’ve noticed water pooling in your yard, or soggy areas above the drain field, this may be an indication that your septic tank is full. As the tank fills up, solid waste may block drain field pipes, causing the liquid waste to rise to the surface.
- Slow drains in your home or business. When your septic tank is full, your sinks and toilets may drain more slowly than usual. If you’ve tried using a plunger or drain cleaning products without any results, having your tank pumped is the likely next option.
- Foul odors in your home or around your property. As your tank fills up, it may give off a foul odor. Most likely you’ll smell this in your yard near the drain field, yet you may also find an odor coming from your drains.
- Sewage backing up into your home. When your septic tank is overly full, you may end up with sewage backing up into your sinks, tubs, and toilets. This backup is usually dark and sludge-like, and it will smell quite foul.
- Lush grass above the drain field. If the grass above or in the vicinity of your drain field looks much healthier than the rest of your property, this may be a sign that your tank is full and waste is rising to the surface. A patch of thick, bright green grass is a common indicator.
If you’ve noticed one or more of the above signs, don’t hesitate to reach out to our septic tank pumping professionals. We will immediately schedule an appointment so that we can alleviate any problems you are experiencing as quickly as possible. Waste removal is a complex task that should always be left to professionals to ensure the safety of you, your family, and your plumbing system. We service the Evergreen, Conifer, Bailey, and surrounding Foothills area.
Five Decades of Septic Service Experience
For 50 years, home and business owners have been counting on Shirley Septic Pumping to assist them with all their septic services and maintenance, from pumping their tanks to routine maintenance to complex repairs. In addition to our sewer tank services, we also offer portable toilet rentals. We are available 24/7, offer same-day appointments, and provide free estimates with quality service in mind.
I HIGHLY recommend them for all of your needs.- Dayna W.
The price seemed reasonable for the area and everyone involved, from the owner to the techs to the office girls, was extremely nice.- Jim S.
My call to the office requesting septic service was met with the usual kindness and professionalism/- Linda W.